Mar 23, 2023
Join our team! Westport is immediately seeking a Social Media/Content Manager to oversee all of our social media channels. The Social Media/Content Manager position is task driven with day-to-day responsibilities on behalf of all events and businesses in the most historic commercial area of Kansas City, a booming local dining destination, and a nationally recognized authentic entertainment district – collectively known as Westport. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and hands-on professional who wants to continue growing in their chosen field right along with the profile of Westport.
The Social Media/Content Manager working for the Westport Regional Business League (WRBL) will serve a vital role in promoting the Westport Kansas City neighborhood and its businesses to current and potential visitors of the historic Westport District. This position is responsible for the implementation of Westport’s content strategy framework, social content creation including implementation of social posts across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter, social analytics reporting, WRBL website blog content, community engagement/listening across all Westport social channels, and basic graphic design support. This position will also work without Special Events Manager to help make each Westport public event successful.
- Ability to keep up to date with social media platforms and content trends/best practices
- ability to multitask and pay attention to details in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to cultivate relationships with business owners/operators
- Strong attention to detail in managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Someone who enjoys multi-tasking while paying strict attention to detail, in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to work occasional nights and weekends to support Westport events and/or Westport businesses night time/weekend activities (~10x per year)
- A desire to bring creative ideas to life
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2-5 years experience in content creation, social media management, or related experience
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter platforms. This position will lead the creation of the WRBL’s first TikTok handle.
- Experience managing a content calendar for commercial businesses or organizations
- Basic graphic design skills with experience using the Adobe creative suite, Canva-Pro, etc.
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Proven experience in building engagement through active community management
- Experience in developing social media performance reporting/analytics reports
- Proven experience with digital or social media strategy and implementation
- Experience in working within the parameters of a marketing budget
Westport provides robust and authentic dining, social, and shopping experiences for more than two million patrons each year in the oldest and most historic part of Kansas City, Missouri. With better than 90% of the businesses being local, one-to-the-market, Kansas City-based enterprises, the genuine flavor and local color of this 190-year-old District is readily apparent to visitors and locals alike.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In-person interviews will only include those that best meet the desired combination of experience and education. The anticipated start date is late April or early May 2023.
The Social Media/Content Manager position is AT-WILL employment. Nothing herein should be construed as a guarantee of employment or a contract for specific services. Westport is an equal opportunity employer.